- 14/04/2010 Assignment is now available in Course Material
- characterize and evaluate architectures of parallel and distributed computing systems and its performance;
- design, develop, implement and optimize parallel and distributed applications;
- develop parallel implementation of algorithms and to investigate their efficiency.
- programming models: threads, message passing, distributed objects
- methodologies to develop parallel applications: partition, communication, aggregation and mapping.
- analysis of typical parallelism exploitation patterns: pipelining, farming, heartbeat e divide & conquer
- measurement and optimization of application performance; resource scheduling at application level